rear hub ??

so i was putting my new rear tire on my 06 450 and as i'm taking the tire off the left side bearing just falls onto the floor....i think nothing of it, put the new tire on the rim, grease up the bearing, put it back in the hub and put the tire back on the bike. After a couple of hours of riding on sunday, i load the bike up to go home, and kinda wiggle the back tire while it's on the trailer and i notice that there is some play in the rear wheel now. I've read about some problems with the rear hubs. so i'm wondering, do i just need to get some new bearings for the back hub? is this play normal? or is there something that needs done at this point.

btw...i just put a new regina chain on the bike...and i have made sure that the chain has never been to tight since i bought the bike new. I am a vet novice rider, so i'm not exactly riding the bike as hard as most.

thanks for the help!

Most of the time if your wheel moves from side to side (wiggles) then your bearings are shot.

Hope this helps. :ride:

-Agreed ...but falling out aint supposed to happen...sounds like another hub issue to me......:ride:

report to Yami soon....this is getting old.

True true...

so i was putting my new rear tire on my 06 450 and as i'm taking the tire off the left side bearing just falls onto the floor....i think nothing of it, put the new tire on the rim, grease up the bearing, put it back in the hub and put the tire back on the bike. After a couple of hours of riding on sunday, i load the bike up to go home, and kinda wiggle the back tire while it's on the trailer and i notice that there is some play in the rear wheel now. I've read about some problems with the rear hubs. so i'm wondering, do i just need to get some new bearings for the back hub? is this play normal? or is there something that needs done at this point.

btw...i just put a new regina chain on the bike...and i have made sure that the chain has never been to tight since i bought the bike new. I am a vet novice rider, so i'm not exactly riding the bike as hard as most.

thanks for the help!

Well I had identical problem read my post in this forum. I hope you arent ordering some new hubs like I just did. This is unreal I noticed rear wheel slop ordered new bearings and went to take bearings out inner piece in hub was in 100 pieces. I could actually rub the broken pices between my fingers and it would turn into grit, worst aluminum I have ever seen. 1100.00 bucks later my problem is solved hope this isnt the case for you but even when bearings where out they dont just fall out. I went to the extreme but I was not going back to oem hub with all the problems I have seen. Yes some im sure where cause by loose sprocket bolts or tight chains but not mine I kept mine right still :ride: me, heres link I posted saturday same deal http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466092