HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twenty34

ZipTy Carb Mod or New Exhaust?

4 posts in this topic

Trying to narrow down if I get the ZipTy mod done whether I really need an exhaust on my 06 YZ 450? From a cost standpoint, it's a nice savings, but I'm not sure if the ZipTy mod gives the same results as compared to getting a new exhaust.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've never riden a bike with the zipty mod so I can't tell you how good it is, but in the long run about all I would think it could do is give you better throttle response. I can do that with $20 worth of jets and needles. If you want an over all increase in HP or if you want to change the power curve a little then I would get an exaust. From the sounds of it alot of people are pretty happy with the FMF 4.1, the Dr. D, and the MRD. I have my bike jetted beautifully, and need a little more down low, so I just ordered an MRD lo/mid set up.

If I were you I would go with exhaust.

$100.00 vs $350 -1000.......

Zipty exhaust

what the hey do both..............I would start with the pipe and then go with the Zipty mod......no wait....the zip ty mod then the pipe............how much do you want to spend first....:ride:

$100.00 vs $350 -1000.......

Zipty exhaust

what the hey do both..............I would start with the pipe and then go with the Zipty mod......no wait....the zip ty mod then the pipe............how much do you want to spend first....:ride:

They both produce the same results in terms of increased power, IF you pick the right pipe, but no exhaust system will increase the overall sharpness of the carburetion as the Zip-Ty mod does, and improve the responsiveness of the engine to that degree. If it was one or the other, I don't see that there's any question. On a HP basis alone, The ZT mod is $66/hp vs. more like $600/hp with the best pipe/hp/dollar combination you could come up with. I think the bling factor of the pipe is clouding the issue for you.