Secrets To Pulling The Engine????

Hey Guys,

It is -17 outside but I have to get my ass in gear. My xr650r motard seized in december and now I'm taking the engine out. I followed the manual to the last detail. Right now, the engine is just sitting in the frame and swingarm. All bolts are off. I tried pulling the engine out and I couldn't budge it. Shaking and swearing didn't work either. The manual just states lift and pull the engine through the right side. Easier said then done.

I'm alone doing this maybe I should call someone for help. I sprayed the crap out of the swing arm and engine points(where it touches)with wd40. Now I have to see if that helped. It seems that there is so little amount of clearance at the points where the swingarm/engine/frame are aligned..

My question is ...is there a trick to this?

Thanks

Lubos

The swingarm has a bolt that mounts through the engine also. If you don't have that out the engine will not budge. I hope that helps, Tony

The swingarm has a bolt that mounts through the engine also. If you don't have that out the engine will not budge. I hope that helps, Tony

The last step on the engine removal is to remove that bolt. states: remove the swingarm nut/bolt.

That I did but the engine is so snug in there, I can't budge it. If I pull on the swing arm, it will come out (probably) and the whole front might fall over. With the engine just sitting there, I don't want anyother broken bits....