HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stoneagegixer

Secrets To Pulling The Engine????

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

It is -17 outside but I have to get my ass in gear. My xr650r motard seized in december and now I'm taking the engine out. I followed the manual to the last detail. Right now, the engine is just sitting in the frame and swingarm. All bolts are off. I tried pulling the engine out and I couldn't budge it. Shaking and swearing didn't work either. The manual just states lift and pull the engine through the right side. Easier said then done.

I'm alone doing this maybe I should call someone for help. I sprayed the crap out of the swing arm and engine points(where it touches)with wd40. Now I have to see if that helped. It seems that there is so little amount of clearance at the points where the swingarm/engine/frame are aligned..

My question is ...is there a trick to this?

Thanks

Lubos

The swingarm has a bolt that mounts through the engine also. If you don't have that out the engine will not budge. I hope that helps, Tony

The swingarm has a bolt that mounts through the engine also. If you don't have that out the engine will not budge. I hope that helps, Tony

The last step on the engine removal is to remove that bolt. states: remove the swingarm nut/bolt.

That I did but the engine is so snug in there, I can't budge it. If I pull on the swing arm, it will come out (probably) and the whole front might fall over. With the engine just sitting there, I don't want anyother broken bits....