HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Prior

Idle high all of the sudden

8 posts in this topic

Hey all, my 426 idle has always been perfect, but all of the sudden, it's really high. How to I lower it again?

Make sure your pilot jet is clear. Make sure your fuel screw is in place and adjusted correctly.

Then check your valve adjustment.

If that dont do it how long has it been since youve re-ringed it?

1 person likes this

Also check the spring plate on the back of the slide. With wear, a little chunk of the corner of these will break off and raise the idle. If it's falling apart, you'll want it out of there.

Alright, I know it isnt the throttle cables or rings, as they are all brand new. Ill check the spring plate when I look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

The hot start plunger may be stuck slightly open. I would check that also. An unaccounted for high idle is usually some type of an air leak.

I have a 2001 YZ426F and someitmes when I'm riding, it will be just idling normaly and then all of a sudden it will start idling high for a little while and go back to normal. What would be causing this?