HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
byggd

02 wr426 Vapor Temp sensor install with Unabiker

9 posts in this topic

I received my Vapor and searching/reading past threads has answered all of my settings questions but I still have one on the install I hope someone can answer.

The recommended hose to install the temperature sensor is the hose after the coolant leaves the engine on its way to the radiator. I have Unabiker radiator guards and this hose travels tightly between the guard and the radiator and I’m worried once installed it will eventually damage the radiator causing a leak. Did anyone else run into this situation and have any advice for me??

Don

Is there anywhere closer to the motor to mount it? You could always cut a chunk of old inner tube and wrap it around the sensor and clamps to keep them from cutting into the radiator.

Is there anywhere closer to the motor to mount it? You could always cut a chunk of old inner tube and wrap it around the sensor and clamps to keep them from cutting into the radiator.

The area not behind the guard is an elbow so I don’t think that’s an option. I thought of wrapping a protector around it but that would only make it thicker putting more pressure on the radiator. What I may try is after determining the direction I want the wire to travel, grind/cut the rounded area of the inline sensor, making it flat where it contacts the radiator and put a small piece of rubber there.

I just fitted a Vapour to a friends Polaris Quad & while fitting the sensor in the radiator hose was no big deal I do think that maybe Trailtech could give us the option of either an in-line sensor or a screw in sensor that can go into the radiator like the KTM does for their accessory radiator fan setup. This would make it easier for us guys who have clearance issues like yours.

Just my 2 cents.

you need the in line sensor.

also its placement doesnt need to be right where it comes out of then ENG.

anywhere its fits will be fine.