Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kylwk1500

06 clutch

5 posts in this topic

I am planning on putting in a new clutch kit soon.

just looking for some suggestions on prep and instalation of the plates.

GYTR kit for about $110. Spread some oil on the fibers before you install them and put the machined side of the steel plate facing out from the motor. If you have a Hinson basket and inner hub, don't run the inner anti-chatter ring.

GYTR kit for about $110. ... If you have a Hinson basket and inner hub, don't run the inner anti-chatter ring.
Why do you say that?

When I installed my Hinson unit there was a note about not using that part. I called them and they said it is not necessary to use the inner spring (which is an anti-chatter spring) because their basket/inner hubs don't have a chatter problem. Call Hinson and they can give you more info. GYTR plates and Hinson components is as good as it gets.

GYTR kit for about $110. Spread some oil on the fibers before you install them and put the machined side of the steel plate facing out from the motor. If you have a Hinson basket and inner hub, don't run the inner anti-chatter ring.

Also if you don't run that anti chatter ring, get yourself one more friction plate to replace the little thin friction plate.

The thin friction plate is designed to be used with the anti chatter ring but if you toss that ring out, then you can run a full size plate as the very first plate you install.

Look closely at the plates and you will see what I mean.