HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CSS9961

Taller Risers on '07?

3 posts in this topic

Good day!

As a taller rider 6'4", I am finding my new WR a little cramped. (And I haven't even ridden it yet:thumbsdn: )

I am assuming the Pro Taper bars on the bike mean there are Pro Taper risers on there that I can swap out with their 55mm risers, and get some Pastrana FMX bars to put on the bike.

Does anyone know for sure if this will or will not work? I can't imagine why it would not, but then again, I don't pretend to know everything. :ride:

I put Pro Taper risers (don't remember how tall) and TAG CR High bars on my XR-400, and that made things a little better for me on that bike. But I could still have used more height.

Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks.

I have been looking and cannot find any risers for the wr. I have found plenty for aftermarket tripples.

My plan now is to get another set of the top clamps that hold the bars to the tripples. I will then insert the new set of top clamps upside down underneath the bars. This will bring the bars up about 30mm. I then reinstall the original top clamps ontop of the bars and put a longer bolt through the lot. Still going to cost about $100 aussie, but it'll work.

Looks

I have been looking and cannot find any risers for the wr. I have found plenty for aftermarket tripples.

My plan now is to get another set of the top clamps that hold the bars to the tripples. I will then insert the new set of top clamps upside down underneath the bars. This will bring the bars up about 30mm. I then reinstall the original top clamps ontop of the bars and put a longer bolt through the lot. Still going to cost about $100 aussie, but it'll work.

Looks

So, is it tomorrow there yet?:ride: