HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TINYSC51

2005 XR650R Suspension

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an 05 XR650R with stock suspension. It is definately too soft for me, as I weigh 260lbs.

What is the best way to re-do the suspension? I know I will need stiffer springs.

What company makes the best springs? What company is the best right now?

About how much will the whole project cost?

Thanks in advance,

TINY

Hello,

I have an 05 XR650R with stock suspension. It is definately too soft for me, as I weigh 260lbs.

What is the best way to re-do the suspension? I know I will need stiffer springs.

What company makes the best springs? What company is the best right now?

About how much will the whole project cost?

Thanks in advance,

TINY

I'm in the process of re-springing mine (05 XR). I come in around 300 geared up. I got front/rear Eibach springs (.49 kg/mm front and 12.0 kg/mm rear from Factory Connection in New Hampshire, about $220.00 shipped to me. Got them in 4 days.

Doing the labor myself (it's really easy). Not revalving yet, going to just try the springs first.

I just changed the springs. Race Tech in front and Eibach in back. What a difference. Cost was $200. I am 260lbs.

What rate eibach did you get? Was just at Race Tech site and they didn't show anything higher than a 9.0 even for 260lb. Another site says that would take a 11.-12.0 spring. What's up with that?

I am doing the same as abby and already have my Eibach springs and revalve later if needed. Here is a link for some used ones.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200647

Hope this helps!

Elmer

The set in that link are actually new (that's my post:thumbsup: ). An 11 rear and a set of .47 for the front. Also included is a rear shock assy from an XR650R that is in very good condition and ready to send off for revalve. I was asking $150.00 for everything + shipping costs.

I just changed the springs. Race Tech in front and Eibach in back. What a difference. Cost was $200. I am 260lbs.

This is the exact same setup I have. Once you get the drag set right, its great. I didn't have a spanner wrech that worked well on the rear shock, so once I got one, I was able to tighten it down, and it works REALLY well now. I clock in at about 265, so it works well for me. Since I did the kritter fix on the right footpeg, the little arm on it is bending now, though. So, thats kind of annoying, but at least the suspension works well!

The set in that link are actually new (that's my post:thumbsup: ). An 11 rear and a set of .47 for the front. Also included is a rear shock assy from an XR650R that is in very good condition and ready to send off for revalve. I was asking $150.00 for everything + shipping costs.

I want this!!