HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Looks450

Is the grey wire mod really worth it for the 07

7 posts in this topic

I have gutted my pipe and done all the other deristrictions, but all that is left is the grey wire.

I wanted to know if anyone has done the mod and compared it with the wire back in place.'

Most people do the mod in conjunction with a heap of other mods so i don;t think they can really say which one made the most difference.

If you have compared could you please give me a run down on how you found it.

Looks

Just do it. It takes no time to do and if you don't like it, plug it back in. I ride an 05 and I don't think there is a difference. I just pulled mine out of the connector and taped it off. Trust me, I won't plug it back in.

I have done all the mods BUT the grey wire. The shop I go to says the grey wire mod is not needed on the 07 WR450. I have rejetted changed my pipe to a fmf 4.1 ti and the bike flat out kills it I beat my buddy on his honda 650 and still had room to pull but at 80mph i backed off.

Do I really need to do the grey wire and if so what will it do to make it better?

I have done all the mods BUT the grey wire. The shop I go to says the grey wire mod is not needed on the 07 WR450. I have rejetted changed my pipe to a fmf 4.1 ti and the bike flat out kills it I beat my buddy on his honda 650 and still had room to pull but at 80mph i backed off.

Do I really need to do the grey wire and if so what will it do to make it better?

What jetting did you use? I have the same bike and just got the the same pipe. Going to do all the mods this weekend and want to try and get it right the first time. Thanks

I've heard conflicting reports for what wire it is on the 07(from this forum and a local shop) no one seems to be too sure!!

I pulled they Grey wire and my buddy pulled the blue wire(could be mistaken on the color, tired don't want to re-verify) that was mentioned on several threads...... we both have the same mods, airbox, throttlestop, smog removal, jdjetting, empty spark arrestor....

bikes are identical, and even sequential vins... if we swap bikes, neither of us can notice a difference.. plugged in or disconnected....

Bump.

Now that there is more people out there with the bikes i was wondering if anyone had anymore info to add?

Love the bike

Looks

Looks, if you ever get an answer let me know. I tried asking the same question more less and never got much info back. I did remove the grey wire, did it make any difference? I don't know, I never rode it with it in place, I don't think it's hurting anything unpluged so i'll leave it the way it is. There seems to be a lot of talk about the improvement it makes but I have yet to see proof, maybe someone out there has it but won't share the info.