05 yz 450 help overheating

i ride this thing for ten minutes and it's overheating and thats easy riding out in my feild anyone have any suggestions i think maby the water pump would be the 1st step

Easy there! Water pump = mucho dinero$. But anyways My buddies just had bad radiators which cost more than a pump! Then Theres always the chance you just have grass and other debris between the plastic guards and the actual radiator/ :ride:

First the obvious right? Coolant level, oil level, don't idle for long (about 3 min. or more) without moving, rad. fins are not all bent, no kinked coolant lines, how about new coolant (depending on ride time)? That's a start. Good luck! Oh, and by the way. I hope you did a search right?

he thanks for the advice but what is a search right

1) Make sure there is no foreign debris blocking the shrouds (grass, dirt, etc.)

2) These bikes are not designed to idle for more than a minute or so, if you are idling more than a minute, than shut her off.

3) My bike would occasionally overheat on a Hot Summer day if I were riding tight, slow trails. I flushed out the standard Antifreeze/water mixture using distilled water, than replaced the coolant with "Engine Ice" an aftermarket coolant......I've never overheated again.

he thanks for the advice but what is a search right

It is a question. Did you do a search here on Thumper Talk?

Easy there! Water pump = mucho dinero$. But anyways My buddies just had bad radiators which cost more than a pump! Then Theres always the chance you just have grass and other debris between the plastic guards and the actual radiator/ :ride:

I guess it's all relative, but I don't really call about $100 (full water pump rebuild) mucho dinero.....