leaking Petcock...

Any one have a part number on the seal for the petcock? Mines leaking where the lever is. There are two little screws that look like I can take off and replace the seal? Anyone have any info? Thanks, Steve.

Any one have a part number on the seal for the petcock? Mines leaking where the lever is. There are two little screws that look like I can take off and replace the seal? Anyone have any info? Thanks, Steve.

yea I went thru this - replace the entire petcock and with new gasket....I tried to piece it the cheap way and it still leaked...15-20 bucks

yea I went thru this - replace the entire petcock and with new gasket....I tried to piece it the cheap way and it still leaked...15-20 bucks

I'll second that!! I tried to do that on my XR650R as well, because the petcock for it was over $50!!!! But in the end for a Yamaha , it's just easier and quicker to replace the whole thing.

So a new petcock from the dealer is only $15-$20? Is there a gasket or seal behind the lever?

You'll need one each of the following:

17 3AJ-24534-00-00 .SEAL, FUEL COCK

19 4X8-24512-00-00 .O-RING

20 3AJ-24523-00-00 .VALVE PACKING

As Ga426 pointed out, your results may vary.

Cool , thanks a lot grayracer513! :ride:

You might want to concider the WR petcock. Same money, bolts right in and then you've got reserve.

I too had no luck with repacking the petcock. Ended up buying new. It would never shut off with the new seals or the old seals. New on worked great and was fairly cheap.

I too had no luck with repacking the petcock. Ended up buying new. It would never shut off with the new seals or the old seals. New on worked great and was fairly cheap.

I 2nd and 3rd this....don't waste your time....

Bought a new one for $20 :ride:

Link to where you bought it please..

I got mine from the dealer around $20.00. The thumper talk store has them also for less.