HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hot Rod Todd

oem engine parts best prices

18 posts in this topic

so who has the best prices for oem these days? here in bc,canada a quote for some parts costs almost $800.00. this was from pacific yamaha (one of canada's largest dealers) ouch!

i did a search at bikebandit.com and their quote is $305.00 us, and thats only $360.00 cdn plus shipping. no duty on motorcycle parts either. so i can save easy $400.00 cdn if i shop in usa.

i am now going to give the tt store a call and see if they can help with some of the paarts i need.

does anyone out there know of any other good oem parts shops for my 450 engine?

where is the cheapest!!!! i'd rather spend my money on some aftermarket parts that would add performance, as would the rest of you. lol.

Call or email the TT OEM store. Have part number at the ready as they will need to look things up if they are not already in the system.

Also you can look at RonAyers.com (fiche)

can we add this to the faq?

I recommend Mike at University Motors

Mike Barth

University Motors

1920 12 Ave. N

Fargo, ND 58102

701-235-6478

866-551-6478

FAX 701-235-6478

Or the TT OEM store....

RonAyers is also good, but turnaround time isn't usually as good as the two above...

thanks all, ron's and the tt store looks like the best so far. still waiting for a quote from tt. 15 parts on the list, and here in canada is over a grand. but should be under five in the states. krazy, eh! :ride:

ok, well tt store has left a message, and for a list of 15 oem engine parts, their total came to 450us plus shipping. thats around $530 cdn. for those same parts here in bc they were quoting me $1200 cdn. so i will be calling back the tt store (harry) and ordering tomorrow. appearently there is no duty on motorcycle parts in canada. so...........

thanks tt (store).

A word from the wise....Make sure you have them sent via US Postal service and insure it for the full amount. If you sent the parts via UPS you can kiss away all your savings because of their outrageous brokerage prep fees.

fershy

thank for the heads up, hopefully they will send it us postal!

Call or email Harry to make absolutely SURE!

There is a company just over the border at Sumas called SHIP HAPPENS that can save you some real $$$ if they won't ship by USPS. They are a warehouse that gives you a place (US address) to ship to. They charge you $4 per parcel that gets shipped there. I have used them at least four times now. Then when you come back across the border with your package of parts, all you do is pay the PST/GST. Check them out with a Google search.

Chris

TT does ship internationally via USPS by default, unless you specify UPS in the special instructions box; http://oem.thumpertalk.com/internationalshipping.aspx

They really are cheaper too. The $10 membership fee seems well worth it... I could slap a new piston, rings and pin in my 426 with 11500 miles on it, but I don't think it even needs it.

Yes, UPS is a big ripoff - if you have a friend down south who can "reship it as a gift", that's always your best bet, because if it gets caught at the border you WILL get charged the tax AND duty, it's then up to you to Argue the duty, and it's really a hassle.

I get all my parcels reshipped, this seems to be the best method.

I've used www.cyclepartsnation.com - unfortunately, they use UPS - but interUSA doesn't really matter - either way, the parts cost me way less than half delivered.

I have always used www.powerpartsplus.com. Never had a problem, they take international orders, great prices and fast shipping.:banghead:

I like the way the site is set up too... very user friendly with oem part charts and part #'s all on one page. Check it out, you will be impressed.

quote is $305.00 us, and thats only $360.00 cdn plus shipping.

Hey Hot Rod

I don't know where you are getting your money converted. The US and Canadian dollars are currently at par. If anything the price will be slightly less.

$305 USD = $304.48 CAN (approx.) + shipping.

Ian

Hey Hot Rod

I don't know where you are getting your money converted. The US and Canadian dollars are currently at par. If anything the price will be slightly less.

$305 USD = $304.48 CAN (approx.) + shipping.

Ian

sorry Yam, you're a few inches short of a wheelie! check the dates, this thread was started 1 year ago.