carb size difference between R and L 650

I just want to say hello to everyone as i just bought a 06 XR650Lxrl.jpg and crossed over the Honda playing field. Im comming from a 2000DR650 with just about every mod i could get my hands on but the aftermarket parts are quite limited for this modelDRMM3.jpg. . Anyways, i replaced my 40MM cv carb from my DR with a 41mmFCR and i was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put this carb on a XRL? my reason for asking is that the L comes with a 42.5 cv and the R come with a Keihin 40mm piston-valve and im not sure why the smaller diameter carb for the R..higher compression?..I'd love to use my FCR as it wasnt cheap and would suck to have it sit in a drawer. Thanks on advance for any views:ride:

I have no idea about your question, but I love the bike! Is that tank painted or did it come in black. I know they come in black but most of them are more glossy (maybe the pic). The flat black tank seems to match the frame and side covers perfect. If painted what did you use (or the previous owner)?

Thanks

I have no idea about your question, but I love the bike! Is that tank painted or did it come in black. I know they come in black but most of them are more glossy (maybe the pic). The flat black tank seems to match the frame and side covers perfect. If painted what did you use (or the previous owner)?

Thanks

i did all the black myself...sandable primer

sandded plastic with 400 gritt..cleaned with soap and water..sprayed 1st coat..sanded again w/400..wiped very well with a tack cloth sprayed again adn sanded with 1000 grit..wiped with tack cloth..final spray..sanded with 1500..its like a shell now..very tough but will scratch if you hit it hard enough..but a easy repair..one #tssst# with the spray can an looks good as new