HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
____Kurt____

for those who thought it was impossible to stick a 426 motor in a different chassis..

12 posts in this topic

here is a picture of a 426 motor stuffed in a cr af. not photoshopped. where the enginge oil is... beats me:excuseme:

BBR426_left2.jpg

what is that an 01 CR250 frame??? Being a honda rider i am ashamed :ride: :ride:

You should be ashamed that it takes a YZ motor to make that bike any good. :ride:

I feel sorry for that motor...at least it wasn't dumped into a quad.

here is a picture of a 426 motor stuffed in a cr af. not photoshopped. where the enginge oil is... beats me:excuseme:

Cute. Could be a wet sump conversion, too. :ride: :ride:

But since this appears to be a reference to this thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464125

...let me point out that I never said it was impossible. It obviously isn't, or bikes like the CR500AF wouldn't exist. This kind of thing has been done for years (many of them).

In that thread, the OP was talking about putting a 426 into an '06 YZ450 frame, and was wondering how much of his 426 stuff would "fit", carrying the connotation that he wanted it to bolt straight over. The correct answer was and is, "nothing will fit". The scheme would only work if he were able to find a good deal on a complete rolling chassis (scarce and expensive), and was willing to overcome a number of problems (like oil storage) beyond simply getting the engine in place. To me, there's no percentage in doing that as opposed to selling the 426 and buying an '06 outright, unless you just want something no one else has.

But it is a cool bike, I'll grant you that.

Cute. Could be a wet sump conversion, too. :ride: :ride:

But since this appears to be a reference to this thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464125

...let me point out that I never said it was impossible. It obviously isn't, or bikes like the CR500AF wouldn't exist. This kind of thing has been done for years (many of them).

In that thread, the OP was talking about putting a 426 into an '06 YZ450 frame, and was wondering how much of his 426 stuff would "fit", carrying the connotation that he wanted it to bolt straight over. The correct answer was and is, "nothing will fit". The scheme would only work if he were able to find a good deal on a complete rolling chassis (scarce and expensive), and was willing to overcome a number of problems (like oil storage) beyond simply getting the engine in place. To me, there's no percentage in doing that as opposed to selling the 426 and buying an '06 outright, unless you just want something no one else has.

But it is a cool bike, I'll grant you that.

gray man, i wasn't trying to show you up or anything man:bonk: , i have alot of respect for you man:worthy: . i was just showing that it was possible, especially for those who didn't think so as in noobies. anything can be done with enough money. i wonder what had to be done to make this work though.

and as said above, its sad how honda needs a yamaha motor to make them any good :ride:, you not the only one that feels bad for that motor

Didn't Rich Taylor or someone get in a bit of a jamb for running a YZ400-26 motor in a DRZ400 to be competative in the 4stroke nationals back in 99 or 2000?

I remember a quick little blurb in one of the mags, a camera man had caught a picture of the side plate, as they did not even try to cover it up...

Didn't Rich Taylor or someone get in a bit of a jamb for running a YZ400-26 motor in a DRZ400 to be competative in the 4stroke nationals back in 99 or 2000?

I remember a quick little blurb in one of the mags, a camera man had caught a picture of the side plate, as they did not even try to cover it up...

I remember that - but Rich could fly on a PW50 so... yeah it was an excercise in design - it was two brands mixed...

Mikeee P