HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punisher660

cable routing ?'s

5 posts in this topic

Heres the setup.

The guy I purchased my bike from chopped the bars short, and I needed full width bars. In the process, I decided to go taller. I went from the Pro-Taper Henry/Reed bend to a Pro-Taper CR High bend. I'm also using the BRP /Scotts sub mount system so this has raised the bars a bit.

I put all the controlls on and noticed the hot start switch seemed to be a bit tight. When the bike is running, if I turn the bars to the left, the revs on the bike increase..... if the hotstart was being pulled, would that do this?

Also, how can I get more length out of the cables? They look like they are being routed through the stock locations, but it would need at least another inch of slack to fit properly.

Any suggestions?

If the hot start is being pulled by the tension caused by turning the bars then it can raise the RPMs slightly. The hot start leans the fuel mixture, which will cause the bike to rev a bit higher. I think you can re rout the hot start in a more direct path to the handlebars. Good Luck

Its sounds like maybe the hot start cable is running down the right side of the steering head. Make sure its running down the left side and you should have enough length.

Its sounds like maybe the hot start cable is running down the right side of the steering head. Make sure its running down the left side and you should have enough length.
Yea, I have the exact same set up, BRP tripple clamp, Scotts undermount, same bars. I could see with all the cables how you might of routed them wrong, take it all apart and start over. I have problems with short term memory so I take photos with my digital camara before I take stuff apart. I have always had YZ"S, there is a lot more crap on the WR's but I love the bike. Jeff S

Thats exactally the problem. I never pulled the cables myself, so I didn't know which side they should be routed. I looked last night and they are going down the right side of the steering head. I'll have to pull it apart this weekend and re-route them.

Thanks guys.