2006 yz 250f for a yz450f

Did I mess up? I just traded my 250 for a 450. After puting on the stand

it feels alot heavier. Ive always rode 125's and 250f's no open bikes. Ive rode the bike once before and fell in love with the power but only spent 20 mins on it. Thanks.

I don't think you messed up but I guess it depends on how you ride. I ride my son's YZ125 sometimes (granted, not the power or torque of a 250F) and that feels like a bicycle compared to my 450F (very light). That part of it is great, but there is no way I could get over some of the jumps (just out of turns) at some of the tracks without that 450 power. :ride:

I think if you are asking the question, then you already know the answer.

The 450 is a great bike, but some people are better of on the 250's. I think it's crazy that some people say they can't clear some jumps on 250's and thats why they get 450's. All you have to do is dump a little $$ into a 250 with some correct gearing and a 250 will destroy any track.

I think it's crazy that some people say they can't clear some jumps on 250's and thats why they get 450's.

Thats why I said it depends on how you ride :ride: If you are getting older and probably slower, like me, then the 450 makes it easier :ride: I'm in it for the fun and the 450 makes it easier for me. There are plenty of 250F's at the track and they clear everything. But I must be :ride: ha ha, JK

Thats why I said it depends on how you ride :ride: If you are getting older and probably slower, like me, then the 450 makes it easier :ride: I'm in it for the fun and the 450 makes it easier for me. There are plenty of 250F's at the track and they clear everything. But I must be :ride: ha ha, JK

I wasn't ripping on you, and I think you misunderstood my point. What I'm saying is that there are people who feel because they can sit on a 450 and ride it around a lakebed, then they feel they belong on it, when in all honesty they would be much faster and improve to a higher level of riding ability on a smaller bike. I also said that in order to make the 250 have the track-ability that a 450 has, then you would need to add some performance parts and proper track gearing. Then you might even get around the track easier, better, and faster, and possibly have more fun, although the bike would suck for desert riding. I don't know you or the person who started the thread so I'm not here to say what anybody should do, I am simply making a statement, and pointing out facts.

I feel that if crash369 doesn't feel confertable on a 450 then he will not improve as fast, and that he should listen to his gut, not somebody else who thinks anybody can ride a 450.

thanks guys I'm a low B rider and find myself wanting more power and i am past my prime. just didnt have much seat time on a big bore. but i think i made a good choice after i get a little seat time ill be alright. Its in the garage now and cant wait till this weekend to try it out. Thanks again

Once you get used to the 450, get back on a 125 and ride it for a bit. You'll find that the 450 is soooo much easier to ride due to the fact that the power will often make up for our mistakes. 125's are fun, but demand precision most of the time.

Once you get used to the 450, get back on a 125 and ride it for a bit. You'll find that the 450 is soooo much easier to ride due to the fact that the power will often make up for our mistakes. 125's are fun, but demand precision most of the time.

I think the 450 gives me a lot more condidence on jumps out of corners or jumps following . On my 250F I had to commit hard coming out of the corner on some jumps and if my tire slipped a liitle, making the jump wass going to be dicey. With the 450F I can ease through the corner, line up straight, and know I have the power to make it. At my age (43) and experience (3 years) I am more concerned about having fun and not crashing than i am about lap times. I am much less nervous on my 450.