Price for a 2000 XR650R in great shape?

I am thinking about buying a friend's dual-sported 2000 XR650R. It has 4000 miles on a rebuilt engine and many extras, such as late model CR450R inverted forks and triple clamp and three different tanks (Clarke, IMS, stock) of different sizes. I know he takes great care of it. What's a good price for one of these?

I know its a heavy bike but how are they in tight singletrack? Also, how does this year compare with later models?

I saw one last night (2000 XR650R) with a ton of wear. It started and rode well. It's just kind of worn out. Its plated for street legal in CAL, but I wouldn't pay more than $1750 for it. Tell your friend I'll pay up to $4500 for his if it is clean.

The only difference between the 2000 and all other year 650R's is the countershaft seal, which if he had an engine rebuilt, probably corrected the problem. Other than that, an 07 650R is the same thing as 2000.

The acceptable price range is 3000-5000 bucks...

my two cents

The only difference between the 2000 and all other year 650R's is the countershaft seal, which if he had an engine rebuilt, probably corrected the problem. Other than that, an 07 650R is the same thing as 2000.

There was a clutch bushing change as well.

Well I Just bought a 2000 cal plated uncorkd 650R in super clean, Excellent shape for 3200 off of e-bay 4 months ago.

I thought I got a pretty good deal...

Now, I would say good deals:

unplated 2000 in so cal 2800-3200 and plated 3000-3400.

It doesn't matter if the bike is a little older... if some never rides it! or if someone really looks after it and does not abuse it.:ride: