HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackdog9

Exhaust heat!!!

4 posts in this topic

2007 WR450F, so far have done: unplugged grey wire, throttle stop screw shortening, air/fuel screw 2 turns out and pea shooter removed. I do mostly cross-country rally racing, but the exhaust builds up too much heat, which after a couple hours of riding is a major trouble..I have read that happens because air/fuel mixture is too lean. ¿Will exhaust temp go down if I unscrew more the air/fuel screw? or will I have to re-jet either way??(don´t want to). By the way, ¿what´s the air/fuel screw setting for x-country racing in a desertic area, hot and low humidity, sea level (like baja California, or Glamis)??

Thanks a lot, from Chile.

Sergio:ride:

Have to change your Pilot to at least a 48 and a different needle. If you buy the GTYR kit it has those things in it. Also get rid of that AIS!