Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wr450rideruk

wr450f weight

15 posts in this topic

Dealer says 246.9 dry??? There was a forum on the wet weight but no one has a for sure amount yet I dont think.

Who Cares? Twist the right grip......I have 158 hours on my 05 most all of them in Baja, and 30 of them with a 6.6 gallon Acerbis fuel tank.

That bike makes plenty of power don't get caught up in all the "how much it weighs" hype don't worry about it, just twist the grip.

Who Cares? Twist the right grip......I have 158 hours on my 05 most all of them in Baja, and 30 of them with a 6.6 gallon Acerbis fuel tank.

That bike makes plenty of power don't get caught up in all the "how much it weighs" hype don't worry about it, just twist the grip.

If you have ever tried to pull your WR up the mountain to the singletrack trail you crashed on in the mud, you would be asking about the wet weight too. Those are the only times I've wished I was riding a 2 stroke again.

you can count on it being 260 lbs to 265lbs.

thats what 18.77 stone is, 263 lbs. for those who think i'm a stoner,a "stone" is a old english weight measurement that equaled 14 lbs. was tryin' to make a funny for the english guy,but if ya gotta explain it i guess it ain't that funny:cry:

ncmountainman, what other lighter 450s with E-Starts are you referring too?

As far as I was aware, the WR450F was lighter than the CRF450R (112.5 to 113 kg), and on par with KTMs?

the ktm's have been in the 250 lb's for a while,i'm not real sure of #'s but about every other estart 450 i've seen had a wet without gas weight that was not out of the 50's including the crfx,it may have had a higher dry wt than the wr but as most people know yamaha doesn't exactly live up to..ahhh reality one might say.:ride: i'm just glad to see them out of the 260's:thumbsup:

Workshop manual says 248lb (112.5kg) dry weight with out oil or fuel.

Only feels this heavy when you have to pick it up, doesnt feel like when you are riding.

Muz

:ride: :ride: :ride:

on the H&Hs i do i have to pick my bike up about 50 times per event :ride: feels a bloody lot more than the claimed weight saying that it is coverd in mud to :ride: i was asking about the steel framed bikes not new alloy ones :ride:

The metal frame WR's weight +-500lb as thats what they feel like when you ride them or have to pick them up. Thank god I managed to get myself a 'o7 model. I agree mud is heavy so add at least another 20lb.

Muz

:ride: