HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamaha.dude

Models (and not the FoxRacing girls either)

9 posts in this topic

Anyone come across models of the Wr or Yz machines we all love so much?... I have looked around a fair bit, but have only managed to find an old white YZ, and I already have an XR400 model. Please let me know if you have a lead... Plenty of road bike models... few dirt models...

TIA

David

I have a 1/8" scale YZ400f. It's not a model, if you mean one that you build. It's a toy, it has fairly nice detail and was manufactured by Maisto Intl, Fontana, Ca 92336.

Bill

Yes, that is what I am talking about - a pre-built model toy... not the ones you have to put together yourself... I suppose I didn't want to call it a toy, because most of our real, full size bikes are just that to us... big toys... :)

Is your model/toy blue? where did you get it? in a shop, on eBay?

Thanks for the info,

David

Hey thanks Dan, they are just what I am looking for... I will order up a few and make the shipping worthwhile... then I can line them all up and run the YZ Floor Master Series... :)

David

YD,

I bought them from Wal-Mart. As Dan said, I do see them on Ebay from time to time. The one I have is a replica of Doug Henrys YZf.

Bill

I have a New Ray 1/8 YZ426... its pretty fast...

looks good.... but I had to replace the bars with Tags and a scotts damper.

I have to ride over so much crap in my office, but its good practice...

:)

But really... the 1/6th scale toy has cables, and working suspention, only my rear works.. might be worth the 35$

and at 17" long it easier to sit on than my 8" long one. That was not suppost to sound bad... :D

p.s. I got it at Toys r us for 15- 20$ and it is # 15!

Tim's bike is parked on my computer! :D

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: crazyadam ]