HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NM_KDX200

Went riding in the snow and mud- FUN!

1 post in this topic

It warmed up to 60 deg on Weds, so I got the 450F out and fired 'er up and went for a spin around my "turning practice" track. This is just a flat little track in my front "yard" (I live on a ranch) with a small whoop section. There were a few clear spots and lots of snow, up to 3' deep.

At first, I could barely keep the bike upright exiting the corners and I did several complete donuts and drop-the-bike manuevers. That 450 low end is pow'ful stuff! But, I finally got the hang of it and started doing pretty well, really. GREAT throttle and balance control, lemme tell ya! Two interesting things happened:

1) On this one corner, I was up and pointed down the straight and then just wicked the throttle on. The rear tire broke loose and I just sat there spinning! I mean I came from rolling around the corner to a dead stop, tire just zinging away. It was kind of funny, I thought.

2) My rims, wheels, chain, and sprockets are showroom shiny! Snow's a pretty good cleaner.

I sure have a lot more respect for racers in the mud now.