Any 2006 450 owners changed bars??????

Hey,

Have any of you guys with the 06' 450 changed bars yet? I see that the 07's put a higher bar on the bike.

What bar are you going to and more importantly, what the advantage with the new bar. Pro Taper evo????

Thanks.

STock 06 bars are very low...too low for me. I went with Twinwall Renthal Wyndham bar bend - works perfectly for me:thumbsup:

I went with the protaper windhams. I think that 90% off people with 06's who have changed their bars have gone with the windham bend. They are tall, with little pullback. I love them, they are much better than the CR high bends I had on my old bike.

I never even rode my 06 with the stock bars. I put reed/henry bend bars on the day I brought it home.

The 06 i just bought used has a set of windam protapers on it. they seem to be a good hight.

I did the Windham ProTaper to open the cockpit. If you are over 5'11" it seems like there is no choice.

I got the protaper pastrana fmx which are about 1.5 inches higher than stock. Plus I lowerd the footpegs 1/2 inch. I only ride woods though.

Hey,

Have any of you guys with the 06' 450 changed bars yet? I see that the 07's put a higher bar on the bike.

What bar are you going to and more importantly, what the advantage with the new bar. Pro Taper evo????

Thanks.

A search brings up:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453920

Hey man, i own an 06 yz250F. I am about 5'9-5'10 and i use the reed/henry bar, they are great.

Stock bars were to low for me. I'm 6'2 so I went with pro taper Windham bend. Much nicer.

Windham ProTaper.....yeah I'm tall

Protaper Reed/Henry bars...oh yeah, get the renthal kevlar grips too...:ride:

I went with the renthal twinwall henry/reed bend and totally love them :ride: .