YZ 450 in tight woods

i bought my yz 450 f just for woods riding, yes i considered the WR but i don't want the extra weight. all i'm going to do is put a 50,51 tooth sprocket on. maybe a rekluse later on. i'm 190lbs. and these new 07's are 219 dry, easy to steer and ride and race. thats awesome.

In regards to 'why not just buy a WR if you trail ride'...

well for me what is available used determines what I buy. I ended up riding a YZf because I got a good deal on it. Even though I plan to pretty much just ride trails and the WR might have been a better bike for that, the YZ was a good buy. I have modded the pipe to ride USFS land. Now, I'm looking into handguards so I'm not replacing levers constantly. I'm not sure about this rekluse thing. I never heard of it until I found this site. It sounds like it basically makes the bike automatic?

In regards to 'why not just buy a WR if you trail ride'...

well for me what is available used determines what I buy. I ended up riding a YZf because I got a good deal on it. Even though I plan to pretty much just ride trails and the WR might have been a better bike for that, the YZ was a good buy. I have modded the pipe to ride USFS land. Now, I'm looking into handguards so I'm not replacing levers constantly. I'm not sure about this rekluse thing. I never heard of it until I found this site. It sounds like it basically makes the bike automatic?

I think you made the right choice with the YZ and I have both bikes. Regarding handguards, check out the fastway guards in the TT store as I've tried several and these are bomb proof. They mount to your triple clamp and I've already been down on mine and nothing happened at all. Don't consider acerbis ones because I've had very light falls on the acerbis Rally pros on my WR and they bent up bad. Actually one time my bike just fell over and they bent. Spend a little extra and get ones that mount to your top triple clamp and they'll last forever!