just bought a used 06...a few questions.

I have all of the plastics, tank, subframe, shock taken off. what are all of the things I should look for, check ect...

I just got it yesterday. it has a few goodies on it:applause: Vortex ignition, windham protapers, asv levers and perch, FMF Ti 4.1 with mega bomb header, extra set of excel wheels all laced up with rotors and sprocket, extra stator, clutch, 3 oil filters, engine gasket kit ( just incase), protec kickstarter. And all of the stock stuff he took off. I feel like I got a good deal for $5000. Its wasnt ridden much. I cnat wait to ride it!!

Basic maintenance stuff, like greasing wheel bearings, linkage, headset, lube cables, clean throttle assembly, etc. Treat it just like a new bike even though it's used. You want to catch anything that needs attention before you are out riding it and it becomes an issue.

I think you got a great price on it as long as it's in good shape. Nice buy!

Just out of curiousity, how do you know when you need to regrease the bearings, headset and how do you do it?

You can feel (at least i can) when the bars start to get harder to turn or feel kinda gritty when I turn them if that makes sense? Anyway, this is especially true when it's in the garage and on a stand.

here's the steps I use:

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1012822,00.html

Thanks for the info, the headset must have been greased recently, there was still a little blob of grease on the top of the stem where the big nut is. it was the same way with the axels. I think he was good at greasing. i will check the linkage though.