HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtolivedriver

ive got a 99 wr400 how to make it run more like a YZ

4 posts in this topic

IVE BEEN RIDDEN MY WR FOR A while and would like more power is there a way to make it run like a 426 or 450 or does the top end off one of them fit on my 400 bottom any ideas all ive got done to it is a white brother e series pipe

Get it jetted right (JD it) and do the Decomp cam mod. These 2 things with the exhaust will make it a different bike. Make sure the exhaust is fresh too. :ride:

Change the cam timing to YZ specs and cut the gray wire. All the info you need is on this board.

add a quick shot and YZ time the cams as stated above. Ajjust your jetting to perfect and I guarantee it will be a completely different beast. Oh yeah, have you replaced the throttle stop.... Theres probably 20% more power right there.