2006 Wheel Question

I have about 63 hrs on my bike right now and am in need of some new rims; the stockers aren't looking so good. My question is this: should I just replace the rims and spokes (Excel says their spokes are needed) or get a new wheel set? The wheel set is $600 dollars more than just the spokes and rims (w/o labor) but I have read about the hubs failing after 70 or so hours even if the bolts are properly tightened. I will also be putting on a new set of Ironman sprockets, with bolts, and a D.I.D E.R.T. Gold chain. Not sure if this helps, but I am 6'2" 195lbs Intermediate dessert/woods and a beginner MX rider; I plan on racing over the summer.

Thanks,

Alex

Anyone?

I've cracked and replaced the rims on every bike I've owned for the last twenty years. In that time I've never replaced a hub nor had any problems with them later.

Or you can get a complete wheel off of Ebay for a lot less if you look. Wheel

--KT--

I have a set off an 06 yz 450 I might part with. Been through 1 tire change on each wheel.

I have a set off an 06 yz 450 I might part with. Been through 1 tire change on each wheel.

I meant should I buy an Excel wheel set or should I just change out the rims and spokes, because of the hub failure issues.

I am looking too. If you find a good place to shop from, let me know.

The excel sets are sweet , the talon/excel and rad/excel look nice too. I think excel uses the highest quality though, I am buying just for durability.