Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zook350

hate to beat a dead horse, but...

5 posts in this topic

i was reading another post about tires and someone mentioned teraflex tires, this tire looks very agressive and is also dot approved. i was wondering if any one has used one of these tires and will a 150/90-18 fit on my '00 PIG? i like the looks of the pirelli 's but tread depth seems shallow.

if your chain is long enough to mount the wheel further back, it should fit. All the way up front in the adjuster, even a 5.10 and my current D606 130/90 tires were rubbing on the splash plate and were very close to the swing arm. Moved back, there's more room for bigger tires.

The tire is heavy (unsprung weight goes up), and it's a bitch to mount/remove, so unless you have a shop do it anyway, be warned :ride:

it does look like it could chew nails, though

I run a teraflex. So far its good. I had a shop mount it & it went flat in a dualsport event. Had to ride it about another 75 miles flat.(sometimes fast in 5th gear!) Did not harm tire. I myself remounted the 2nd time using an Ultra Heavy Duty tube. All is ok. I ride about 95% dirt. I dont race ,(high speed) so the weight isn't noticable for me. I'm geared down, maybe 75mph? I used to run a Michelin Desert & I liked alot but the center knobs look 1/2 worn when new.(& almost 2x the $) The TF seems looser in turns(slippery-er) My .02.

I run a teraflex. So far its good. I had a shop mount it & it went flat in a dualsport event. Had to ride it about another 75 miles flat.(sometimes fast in 5th gear!) Did not harm tire. I myself remounted the 2nd time using an Ultra Heavy Duty tube. All is ok. I ride about 95% dirt. I dont race ,(high speed) so the weight isn't noticable for me. I'm geared down, maybe 75mph? I used to run a Michelin Desert & I liked alot but the center knobs look 1/2 worn when new.(& almost 2x the $) The TF seems looser in turns(slippery-er) My .02.

Hey Bork, was that a chinese T-flex or the US steel-belt one?

Dave

This is the only one I have gotten so far & it is a China version. My bud just got one about a month ago. I'll have to see what he got. I thought it was a US.