Raptor 660 Transplant

Does anyone out there have any experience with the 660cc engine they use in the Raptor quad? Is it from the same engine family as the 400/426? I know both are water cooled, 5 vlave jobs, What I am wanting to know is will the crank, barrel and head fit onto the base 400 transmission? It would be the ultimate desert racer if you could get it adapted... I know the Raptor gearbox has a reverse gear, so unless you wnat to do something the Crusty Demons have never thought of, then it would be impractical to transplant the whole engine/gearbox... wouldn't want to mis-shift on a tight trail... ? OUCH!

Any thoughts, ideas, etc. on the WR660F? I reckon it could be done, but I am also open to being bought back to earth... :D

David

Heard a rumor a while back that the raptor engine is supposed to be the base for a new dual sport bike from the Blue King....... Probably that just a rumor, or maybe wishful thinking. I did hear it at my local Yamaha shop, but likely they were telling me this to get me off of the subject of a "real" dual sport from Yamaha.