Neutral Light Installation

Would like to install a neutral light on my XR650R. It is sometimes tricky to select neutral when wearing my moto-x boots while riding on the road.

I have the standard speedometer with indicator light, and high beam light(blinkers).

How can I wire up the indicator light, which is green, to light up on my display when in neutral ?

I also have no ignition key. Is it easy to install a key set up ?

Would value any input.

Thanks guys.

Would like to install a neutral light on my XR650R. It is sometimes tricky to select neutral when wearing my moto-x boots while riding on the road.

I have the standard speedometer with indicator light, and high beam light(blinkers).

How can I wire up the indicator light, which is green, to light up on my display when in neutral ?

I also have no ignition key. Is it easy to install a key set up ?

Would value any input.

Thanks guys.

There is a guy on ebay that sells Honda ignition keys mounted on a very sano bracket. Easy install. I think he usually sells with speedo but if you write him I bet you could get the bracket/key only.

I think that you are out of luck on the neutral light. Street bikes have a switch inside the engine that is on when the transmission is in neutral. The XR650R does not have this switch, so there is nothing to wire your indicator too.

Is there a foreign XR650R-based street-legal bike?

That would prob. have a neutral switch, and if so, perhaps all 650Rs are capable of having the switch installed.

Dave

baja designs has a key set up for 29.99 any shop can order it for you

Thanks for the info guys. Will order baja designs key set from my local shop.

So there is no one out there with a neutral light ? I guess cleonard is right. I doubt if Honda were/are putting neutral switches in there foreign model engines. Short of pulling the engine apart, to check...

I looked through the CD-Rom that came with the bike, and can't see anything.

I guess if I want a neutral, I need to buy a DR650. Thanks, but no thanks.

I looked at the wiring diagram for the Australian model and there is no neutral switch or light. turn signals and brake lights though

Yeah, I have that Auzzie bike. Thanks ganshert, I guess that is definitive.

The European version has no Neutral light switch either.