Xr 600 Transformation Complete!

the wheels are the stock 21" and 18" the side plastics are painted with krylon fusion plastic paint and for the gas tank i used a spray plastic dip, because it is chemical resistant.. i tested the gas tank by soaking a rag in gasoline and scrubed the tank, and it didn't effect the finish one bit.. this could be the new solution to changing the color of your tank!!!!!!!!

clean your tank very well! (remove all sticker residue) then lightly scuff the tank with some scotch brite, next use some grease and wax remover to insure maximum adhesion.. then go to your local hardware store.. i went to Home Depot... and buy Plasti Dip in the spray can.. here is the web site to the stuff http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/index.html

you can do as many coats as you want, but make sure it isn't too cold when you do it.. don't be afraid to give a heavy coat but not to heavy so it runs.. each coat should be EVEN AND GLOSSY AND FIRST.. it will dry with a flat finish like a new tank..

colors available are blue, black, red, yellow, white and clear

any question feel free to ask

i will take a better picture so you can see how it looks!

it does have a slight texture to it, but it doesn't feel rubbery.. as far as the frame.. i wish i would have thought of this stuff when i was painting the frame.. it will definately stand up to more punishment than regualar paint, especially from boots

• 1 month later...

I painted my header black the other day, and it was a gloss black 1200 deg heat paint. After about five minutes of running the gloss was gone cause it smokes off of there. then after an hour of riding it, the black changed to like a blackish orangish color up motor, which i really dont mind cause it looks kinda cool. But that stuff doesnt hold up for long, i painted my z50 with it last year and its already gone from getting hot.