06 yz450f spark arrestor ?

my son just came home with a brand new 06 450f. He needs a legal spark arrestor ,not to loud .What are my options.End cap ,slip on,etc.I dont want to spend to much.

i think pro moto billit has one.

Pro Moto Billet. You can get the end cap with a sparky screen, and a quite core if you want. Also look on ebay for one, I've seen them there for $100

Pro Moto Billet. You can get the end cap with a sparky screen, and a quite core if you want. Also look on ebay for one, I've seen them there for $100

Hey Ranger18,

If you don't mind me asking, are you an actual ranger for the state of california?

If so, I have some questions for you. :lol:

I just purchased a pmb end cap, sparky, and quite insert. I have yet to put them on as I am doing the winter PM on my bike. I will get to it soon and I am hoping that it gets me to that 96db number as the Idaho City 100 can be kind of strict.....I will let you know when I get it installed. I thought it was a fair deal if it works.

I just purchased a pmb end cap, sparky, and quite insert. I have yet to put them on as I am doing the winter PM on my bike. I will get to it soon and I am hoping that it gets me to that 96db number as the Idaho City 100 can be kind of strict.....I will let you know when I get it installed. I thought it was a fair deal if it works.

FWIW... A buddy of mine ran Idaho City last year on a '06 YZ450F with a PMB endcap and quiet insert on a stock pipe -- so you should be fine.

Hey Ranger18,

If you don't mind me asking, are you an actual ranger for the state of california?

If so, I have some questions for you. :lol:

Sorry, but No I'm not a ranger. I've just got to many numbers and passwords in my head so the last thing I wanted was another screen name. I use the same screen name on all forums, and the first forum I started using was prerunners.net, I am ranger because I have a ford ranger, and 18 because that was my old high school hockey #. I've been thinking about changing my screen name though, any suggestions.

But you can still feel free to ask me questions, I've had plenty of encounters with rangers; most pleasent, and a few not so pleasent.

Question...

Is the quiet core an additional piece? Does it come with the unit? Also, is it optional OR is it a must @ Gorman, CA?

Any help appreciated!!

Question...

Is the quiet core an additional piece? Does it come with the unit? Also, is it optional OR is it a must @ Gorman, CA?

Any help appreciated!!

It's an optional piece. That way you can run wide open, with a screen or with a screen and quite core, what ever you want. As far as gorman goes, you might want it. It's been a long time since I've been there because of a few bad experiances with the nazi's(I meen rangers) there. The YZF is pretty quite, but you might want that extra protection. I've been thinking about getting a whole new exhaust, so I might be selling my PMB, but I don't have the Quite core for it.