HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eissinger4

06 WR450 dual sport kit

2 posts in this topic

OK, I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere. I need to dual sport my 06 WR450. I live in Nevada, so I know what equipment I need. I certainly don't want to spend $400 or more, so I want to wire it myself, but I don't know where to start.:lol: In Nevada, the lights don't need to work when the engine is off, so;

Do I need a rectifier?? Can I run the headlight and taillight off of the stock setup without blowing anything?? What circuit do I run the signals and the horn from?? Does the handlebar switch need power, and if so, how do I power it?? I know this isn't a simple process, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Just buy a eline, trickds, bajadesigns. Just plug and go. Also I read in the handbook lights have to work when bike is not running. I am pretty sure they check that. Say you break down at night you need lights to be visible. Get a handbook tells you everything.