HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richardspoof

oil filter...

12 posts in this topic

is it possible to buy oil filters in bulk to prevent payin 12 bucks per change, or do they make filters you can clean and reuse?

K+n Filters As Well As "emgo" Make Good Semi-cheap Paper Filters. The Scotts Stainless Is Good But You Still Need To Clean It,AND I HATE DIRTY-OILY HANDS.

Now If I Could Only Find $3.00 Air Filters...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE DIRTY-OILY HANDS...

No offense intended, but boy-howdy, did you pick the wrong hobby! OCD and motorsports don't mix that well...SC

Nitrile gloves. Buy 'em, wear 'em & toss 'em= clean hands & less toxic stuff absorbed by your thirsty hide for your poor liver to process.

Nitrile gloves. Buy 'em, wear 'em & toss 'em= clean hands & less toxic stuff absorbed by your thirsty hide for your poor liver to process.

So true. Never heard it put like that. Me, I'm past worrying about it.

motorcycles+ using them+changing oil after every time out= dirty hands. OK, so unless you have an unlimited supply of cash get dirty, working on a bike is half the fun. (most of the time) I have a stainless steel oil filter in all my bikes and the only thing I was told was to be careful how you clean it. I was using contact cleaner and was told that it will eat the rubber seals on the inside. So I was told to use gas. I think that contact cleaner is ok. Either way for $35.00 and countless oil changes still beats $12.00 every weekend. after 3 weeks I am allredy ahead.

is it possible to buy oil filters in bulk to prevent payin 12 bucks per change, or do they make filters you can clean and reuse?

What year is you bike? If it's 03 and up you are paying way too much!

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_140141

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_401493