HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kelleyseiler

Give me your opinion on this fender setup.

11 posts in this topic

looks pretty cool :lol: but wont the tire hit when the suspension compresses? i know you said you did it for street but i think you could compress it that far just letting the front end down from a wheelie.

looks pretty cool :lol: but wont the tire hit when the suspension compresses? i know you said you did it for street but i think you could compress it that far just letting the front end down from a wheelie.

I'd have to agree, If anything that fork brace will hit..

:confused::crazy:

Looks like you put some work into it...but I don't care for it. If you want it lower, why not mount it on the fork brace???

I like WHERE it is mounted, just not HOW. As others have stated I think you will have clearance problems. Maybe flip your bracket and mount it to the fork brace as InTheDirt suggested. The fender looks good, the height looks good.

Nice fabrication. Clean job.

Have you measured your forkbrace-to-fender spacing and compared that to the spec for the front suspension travel? I am concerned with the gap between the fork brace and the fender. If your measurement indicates a potential problem you might consider mounting the fender off of the brace, like suggested earlier.

If there isn't sufficient clearance, a good wheelie (or stoppie) might cause the brace to contact the fender with enough force to push the brace into the tire and you will go down.

You are on the right track, your design may just need a little tweaking.

Nice 'tard, though! I'm partial to the rascals.

Way past dangerous. One hard hit and something has to give. I hope when the fender breaks off and goes flying somewhere it doen't cause death, that is if you still have control of the bike.

Scrap it.....

.....dangerous design. You can't compete with Honda 's engineers. "It's gonna work just like the brake on one of those Razor Scooters"

was just looking at the forks on my old yamaha xt and it has mounting holes on the lower fork tubes to low mount the fender (trial style). maybe try bolting it to the underside of the fork brace... just a thought