Tall Seat Review

I ordered a tall seat for my 06 yz450 from GUTS racing. They advised that I should have a med. density foam as it was close to stock in firmness. I also ordered the gripper seat cover that comes with the step kit. Installation went well, but the medium was too soft. Guts replaced the medium with a firm at no charge and shipped it out the same day no questions asked WHAT SERVICE! The firm is much better (no mush). The gripper cover is nice as well. I did not install the step this time as it looked funny on the tall seat and I did not really like the feel of it anyway. I would recommend the GUTS folks anytime.

Is the firm from Guts the same density as the stock 06 seat foam? Does the seat now not have the "dip in the sattle" as the stock seat has - being a tall foam option? I am looking for a straight seat - like a RM

any pics you can post?

I am look at getting my 03 and 06 done - I want to get rid of the dip in the middle of the seat - for better control to the front of the bike - but I do not want the feel of my SDG regular seat - it is hard as rocks....?

Ill see about getting some pics (Monday).

Yes the seat is flat no dip!!!

The medium I had first was too soft and I could feel the seat base a little. The firm is much closer to the stock firmness. Almost the same in the garage, haven't ridden on it yet. The seat is a little narrower than the stocker across the top. If you like a soft seat i would go with a medium, any softer and it would feel like a pillow.

If you are interested in the step kit I'll part with it. Just the foam no cover. It sticks to your existing foam (cannot be removed easily without destroying the original foam)

Ill see about getting some pics (Monday).

Yes the seat is flat no dip!!!

The medium I had first was too soft and I could feel the seat base a little. The firm is much closer to the stock firmness. Almost the same in the garage, haven't ridden on it yet. The seat is a little narrower than the stocker across the top. If you like a soft seat i would go with a medium, any softer and it would feel like a pillow.

If you are interested in the step kit I'll part with it. Just the foam no cover. It sticks to your existing foam (cannot be removed easily without destroying the original foam)

Cool I will order today - I like the stock foam feel...firm it is. It probably will get softer as it gets used. A flat seat will help it corner even better I think..I am not a stepseat supporter. Thanks for the review and pics when u get a moment:thumbsup:?

Also anyone know if a GYTR or a One Industries seat cover will fir on these? Gutz tells me they may not fit...anyone confirm?

I just got my Guts Tall Firm on my 06 and it his hardddddddddddd. But I will get used to it everyone that sits on my bike is like damn this think stinks but I will get used to it. They have nice stuff:thumbsup:

good to know....I want soft for my old @$$?