HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtysanchez84

2006 yz450f chain

8 posts in this topic

Hi i was wandering if someone can tell me what kind of chain is best to replace stock one on a 2006 yz450f special edition.

Just about any brand is better than your stock chain.
A good many V-belts are better, too.

I've owned 4 Regina ORN6 chains that have all been absolutely great.

I just put the same Regina on my new bike and though I don't have many hours on it I'm very happy with the purchase. Anything will be better then stock.

DID, Regina, Renthal most any of these 520 chains....both oring, xring, tring,,,?ring and non oring....I use DID ERT 2 - one of the lightest non oring chains out there:thumbsup:

In considering Renthal chains, note that the R-1 and R-3 sealed chains are manufactured by Regina, and the equivalent chain is about 20% less expensive when purchased under the Regina name.

I have a friend who talked to a mechanic that suggested to him to buy an ATV chain for his crf 450. Said something about the links being shaped a little different and that caused them to be a lot more resistant to side flex compared to a bike chain. The brand was a DID o-ring of some sort. Also said you could get the ATV chain for less money. Any truth to any of this?

I have a friend who talked to a mechanic that suggested to him to buy an ATV chain for his crf 450. Said something about the links being shaped a little different and that caused them to be a lot more resistant to side flex compared to a bike chain. The brand was a DID o-ring of some sort. Also said you could get the ATV chain for less money. Any truth to any of this?

If its true....I've never heard about it. Side flex isn't the problem with chains wearing out. Most of the time its dirt, sand, mud and lack of maintenance.