GYTR clutch kit vs. Barnett...Kevlar vs. Carbon fiber

I'm posting this at the request of one of my blue blooded riding buddies:

When replacing the clutch on a '00 YZ426F, what makes the better choice: a GYTR performance kit from Yamaha or Barnett parts?

And if Barnett's the choice, should he go with Kevlar clutch disks or the carbon fiber disks?

That's the third one in the last couple of days.

The clutch you want is the complete plate set for an '01, including the seat plate, 5JG-16384-00-00, the boss spring, 5JG-16383-00-00, and the bottom friction plate, 5JG-16321-00-00. Yamaha OEM Parts.

Have no experience with the Barnett, but the GYTR kit I put in my 03 this october is working great so far.

That's the third one in the last couple of days.

The clutch you want is the complete plate set for an '01, including the seat plate, 5JG-16384-00-00, the boss spring, 5JG-16383-00-00, and the bottom friction plate, 5JG-16321-00-00. Yamaha OEM Parts.

agreed GYTR kit works great...consider either GYTR or Hinson pressure plate, hub and basket and it will be unreal:thumbsup:

What about the Kevlar vs. Carbon fiber question?

You can experiment with them if you want. The Hinson or GYT-R plates are smooth operating and extremely durable.

Okay, so here's today's problem...we can't find a clutch basket from GYT-R, Hinson or Barnett for the '00 426...any mfg./part # suggestions?

Okay, so here's today's problem...we can't find a clutch basket from GYT-R, Hinson or Barnett for the '00 426...any mfg./part # suggestions?

Call hinson - I think the 01 works but verify