HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve_cirillo

R-tard question

5 posts in this topic

i just did an oil change on my bike, first time since i got my 426, i have only ridden it like 4 times. When i got it all done the clutch was super grabby, i mean like horribly grabby. i was pretty pissed. is this because i have too much oil in the bike? I drained all the old oil out and refilled it to fatory spec. Then when i got it out to the desert i rode it and progressivlyu through the day it got better. the only problem is im leaking orl from somwhere.. it looks to be comming from the head pipe or somewhere in that general vasinity. i checked the oil before i shut it off for the last time in the day and the oil level was perfect. and you wnat to know something else? the clutch was smmoth as silk. i may have answered my own question but now im wondering about that oil. i'll post pics later in the day. im new to the liqued cooled high preformance 4 stroke game.... flame away!!!

your clutch should be less-grabby with more oil. That's why wet clutches have so many plates: to compensate for the lubrication of the oil.

As for the oil, use a pressure sprayer on your bike to get rid of all the dirt and oil already deposited. Then, run the bike and watch for where the oil's coming from. One sorta neat trick is (once your bike is cleaned off) to apply a light layer of talcom powder or other whiter powder to where you think the leak is coming from. This will allow the oil to be better-seen, given that it's a darker color.

What kind of oil did you use?

Don't know about the 426, but the oil leak could possibly be the Decompression Plug?:lol:

Dude, your bike has 2 drain plug. If you drain only the plug on the motor you will drop only about 1/2 the oil.

Make sure you take out the plug in the front frame downtube also and refill with 1.7 qts.

Sounds like you have too much oil in it.

usually the excess leaks out the big breather hose on the left side of the motor.

Dude, your bike has 2 drain plug. If you drain only the plug on the motor you will drop only about 1/2 the oil.

Make sure you take out the plug in the front frame downtube also and refill with 1.7 qts.

Sounds like you have too much oil in it.

usually the excess leaks out the big breather hose on the left side of the motor.

yeah i drained both of the plugs.... 1.7 to spec and the oil is comming out of the right side of the bike.... i think i may be screwed