94 xr 650L Thoughts??

I have come across a 94 xr650l it has 2880 miles. What would be a good price to offer? Is this a good year? How much would I have to spend to make it as close to my 05crf450 but street legal. Limitations in ca. making it very difficult to trail blaze with no hassles. This would be my first dual sport. Am I heading in the right direction with this year and bike??

I have come across a 94 xr650l it has 2880 miles. What would be a good price to offer? Is this a good year? How much would I have to spend to make it as close to my 05crf450 but street legal. Limitations in ca. making it very difficult to trail blaze with no hassles. This would be my first dual sport. Am I heading in the right direction with this year and bike??

All the years of the XR650L are pretty much the same. I don't care what you spend, it will never be a CFR450. It weighs almost 100 pounds more. The suspension is a generation behind. The stock engine makes less power. It does make more low end torque. A few simple changes known, as Dave's mods, will wake it up from it's stock lethargic self. For several hundred more a cam and a high compression piston will help it make more power.