HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drz42

07 wr450- gytr question

9 posts in this topic

Bought my 07 wr450, Rode it once then did the GYTR ais removal kit. love the power it no has, should i have done the gytr fuel screw? the bike runs good after its warmed up but the initial start up in the morning takes a while, but after it fires the thing runs and starts like a champ. now i have it all striped down again getting the suspension worked, im wondering if i should do the gytr fuel screw or try different jets. i used the 06 kit, are the jets the same for the 07, did all the other free mods and am riding in so cal 2500-3500ft. Any ideas what i should try or are they all cold blooded bikes? thanks everyone

Bought my 07 wr450, Rode it once then did the GYTR ais removal kit. love the power it no has, should i have done the gytr fuel screw? the bike runs good after its warmed up but the initial start up in the morning takes a while, but after it fires the thing runs and starts like a champ. now i have it all striped down again getting the suspension worked, im wondering if i should do the gytr fuel screw or try different jets. i used the 06 kit, are the jets the same for the 07, did all the other free mods and am riding in so cal 2500-3500ft. Any ideas what i should try or are they all cold blooded bikes? thanks everyone

i would do the fuel screw, i did on my o6. before i did the jetting and the fuel screw i would take a while to start cold. after the jetting and fuel screw, we are talking one kick with the choke and maybe 1 second the button if i do that.

Why do ya have to run AIS?? Its an offroad vehicle.. Why dont you get a bike from another state?

I rode my 06' for a year without touching the air screw. Started to experience the hard starting you are speaking of. Just put the air screw in it and had it tuned on a dyno and had to turn it out 2.75 turns for optimum efficiency. This resulted in crisp throttle response. Tough to keep the front wheel on the ground now.

BTW - I did all the free mods except cutting holes in the air box. I ride in the same conditions as you mentioned.

I apologize for the ignorance, but what does the gytr fuel screw accomplish? I own the 07 WR450 and I am picking up my gytr AIS kit next week to complete the mods.

:lol::bonk:

Why do ya have to run AIS?? Its an offroad vehicle.. Why dont you get a bike from another state?

All WR's from '05 on have the smog equipment regardless of state unless the dealer removes it prior to sale...SC

the fuel screw doesnt make the bike run any better its instead of taking half the bike apart to adjust it in the case it doesnt run good or start good you have easy access to it. if your going to do your ais kit i would do it while its apart, i wish had done it when i did my ais kit on my 07. my question for these guys was that im experiencing hard starting when its cold would that be a jetting problem or a fuel screw setting deal.