HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steed2

XRR hotcam Question

4 posts in this topic

I am very interested in installing a hotcam in my 2004 XR650R. I installed one in my 2004 honda rubicon and was ammazed by the improvement. My problem is does anyone have any info on the difference between the stage 1 and 2 ?

Will i need race fuel with the stage 2 ? Does the stock engine work better with the stage 1 ?...Cause if its just the stage 2 provides more power ill go with that...Im new to this site so any help will be greatly appreciated ...thanks guys

I have the stage 2 on a my 650r 03, springs and valves stok. I gave me mor power on low RPM, i can't say there was improvemement on high rpm nor reflects on top speed, it remained the same. But with the stage 2 i cant take sand in 3rd when i had to drop to 2nd...

Wow really ehh.....i put one in my honda rubicon and it made such a difference i couldnt beleive it???? the top speed increased by 10 KLM/h which is alot for a work horse and it will out run a rincon 650 to top speed? Maybe the stage 1 will be a better buy with the stock engine?

i wouldn't know. I really like the performance of the stage 2 on my bike, When I installed it I already had a full exhaust system and jetted accordingly. to be honest i would't notice if i gained 10 - 15 km/h on top speed. i forgot, the fuel range improved with the cam change

Now the cylinder head is ported, all the gears feel longer and there is no end for 5th gear. I had to rejet and i'm evaluating opening up the air box.