Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dustin_Mabro

New found $$$$ I need to brag

16 posts in this topic

Ok, I just sold a pickup truck that I wasn't running anymore and paid off two loans and a credit card with the money. Now that I have an extra $400+ a month to play with my wifey said that after I get money in the savings account (and i made her give me a set amount so i have a goal to shoot for) that I can start doing major revisions to the '00 yz426. Here is my list please tell me what you think.

btw it's mostly trail ride

Auto Decomp

flywheel weight

that really all i got for making it more of a woods weapon. I have issues starting it sometimes, especially if it hasn't been ridden in a while. My ultimate dream is to get a newer wide ratio bike for some riding to work and some trail/dual sporting but i'm not sure what kinda bike yet.

What??? You want to stick money into an '00 YZ426F..and you have money problems :lol::confused:

Some people bring things on themselves....wise up and just buy a new bike! :crazy:

You should just get an 07' :lol::confused:

ha ha, I'd love to but i need to put the set amount of money into the savings and get our house renovated. Then i can get in the market for a new bike. and by then i'll be hearing "you should just get an 08" :crazy:

What??? You want to stick money into an '00 YZ426F..and you have money problems :lol::confused:

Some people bring things on themselves....wise up and just buy a new bike! :crazy:

no had money issues, not problems. just a couple car loans and a little on a credit card. all of which is paid off and i'm in money making mode

grey: that is exactly what I'm wanting to do, I don't wanna buy new, when i can get a good used one:thumbsup:

The auto-decomp is a must do. I would wait until you have that installed and ride it for awhile before making the decision on the FWW. Just having the auto-decomp cam will make your life much easier...less stalling when braking into a corner and easier to start. Plus, the Hotcams exhaust cam will strengthen your low/mid range power.

Dude.....if the bike runs decent now, really dont put another dime into it. It is the worst investment you can make.

Just relax...save up a bit more, and GET A NEW 06', or consider 05' and newer crf 450's

If you are still figity, hit the gym and you will far exceed any mod you could ever do to your bike.

honestly I just need to echo what has already been said. Just ride your 426 as is for a while and save your money. The 426 is a sweet bike but you will love the weight savings of an '06 or newer 450. 220 lbs. You can barely feel that bike under you.

Dude.....if the bike runs decent now, really dont put another dime into it. It is the worst investment you can make.

Just relax...save up a bit more, and GET A NEW 06', or consider 05' and newer crf 450's

If you are still figity, hit the gym and you will far exceed any mod you could ever do to your bike.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Get a second account going for the new bike fund and sink what you can in that until you have enough to cover the difference of the new bike after selling your old one.

yah i'm not planning on getting new rims and powder coating it by anymeans, but i do plan to keep it long after i get a differant bike. I ride trails and dunes, and want to do some dual sporting so i want to get a wr 450 or a crf450x and plate it and keep the yz for the dunes. The auto decomp is going to happen, I have to start it for anyone who wants to ride it reguardless of their kick starting experiance and i often kick till i'm tired.

honestly I just need to echo what has already been said. Just ride your 426 as is for a while and save your money. The 426 is a sweet bike but you will love the weight savings of an '06 or newer 450. 220 lbs. You can barely feel that bike under you.

220 lbs:rolleyes: put it on a scale without gas. i think they claimed 223 for my 05...again:rolleyes: the 06 isn't a whole lot lighter it just carries the weight a whole lot better:thumbsup: i'm on a mission to make my 05 handle like a new one,so far i've invested in a some ti hardware and axles(already had a ti shock spring),some aluminum bolts where possible,drilled and ground alot of extra crap,got a 05 wr frame (they lowered the frame on the steering head(for 05/6) 5mm for lower cog,another bonus is the shock mount is 3mm lower so i'll get a storm link effect,lowering the front of the motor (mounts) 5 mm, pwr lowboy rads,factory 4 ti exhaust (factory forward)and it already has 23mm offset clamps. all that was slightly expensive but i've already got so much in this bike and the other parts won't carry over to a new one. i think it'll be dang close to the new ones,if not better:thumbsup:

I think I'd look at the 03 yz cam and an auto-clutch. Rekluse is good. I think I'm going to go with an EFM on my 99 WR400. They are here in Ohio and he was nice enough to be a sponsor of our offroad group fundraiser this year. Maybe some suspension tweaks might be a plus as well. Good Luck!