HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SXP

Euro Spec 07 WR Headlight Different?

10 posts in this topic

I was looking through Czech TT member RSWR450F's photo gallery http://www.rsracing.cz/15.1.2007_YAMAHA_WR_2007/

and was wondering if the headlight on his bike is bigger than the US spec bike:

http://www.rsracing.cz/15.1.2007_YAMAHA_WR_2007/slides/70.html and

http://www.rsracing.cz/15.1.2007_YAMAHA_WR_2007/slides/93.html

If it's not just my imagination I would love to get my hands on one of those things for night riding.

yup, Europe headlight is definitely bigger than USA, The forks and handlebars are also gold vs. silver on USA.

RSWR450F - Could you check and see what the wattage on your headlight bulb is? Thanks.

yup, Europe headlight is definitely bigger than USA, The forks and handlebars are also gold vs. silver on USA.

I'm in the USA and my forks and handlebars are gold. The head light would be larger because since it is duel sport ready I'm sure it has a low/high beam (probably two bulbs).

I'm in the USA and my forks and handlebars are gold. The head light would be larger because since it is duel sport ready I'm sure it has a low/high beam (probably two bulbs).

As an FYI, the headlight bulb in our bikes is also dual filament and actually has a three wire connector coming out of it. That connector then connects to another three wire connector with only two wires (one spot is empty) from the wiring harness. So we only get to use one beam (not sure if it's high or low).

Also, the LED tail light has a brake light in it and has a three wire connector coming out of it. Same situation as the headlight in that it connects to a three wire connector with one empty spot. I'm in the process of hooking up the brake light and just got my hydraulic brake master cylinder switch. The brake light is pretty bright - MUCH brighter than the Baja Design LED tail/brake lamp which I have on my '99 400.

...So we only get to use one beam (not sure if it's high or low)....
Y amaha WR's run high beam.

If it's not just my imagination I would love to get my hands on one of those things for night riding.

Me too, I'd like to adapt it to my WR400f. Anyone have a part # for the Euro spec light?

What is the 07 headlight worth? I have tried to find a price on the US model headlight but no one seems to have a parts fiche for the 2007 WR online.

fershy

http://www.rsracing.cz/15.1.2007_YAMAHA_WR_2007/slides/93.html

In Australia the first few came out with the smaller headlight, and then they needed the larger one for Road rego so they couldn't sell the bikes until they has the new headlight. I was lucky and got both headlights.

The difference is nothing more than a little park light underneath the main globe, and a whole lot more surface area of plastic lense to get broken.

I changed my big one off in favour of the little one.

Looks

In Australia the first few came out with the smaller headlight, and then they needed the larger one for Road rego so they couldn't sell the bikes until they has the new headlight. I was lucky and got both headlights.

The difference is nothing more than a little park light underneath the main globe, and a whole lot more surface area of plastic lense to get broken.

I changed my big one off in favour of the little one.

Looks

Want to sell me the bigger one?