Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
philipstjohn

Bike Stand For XR650R

11 posts in this topic

What seems to work best for the 300+ lb piggy? I do not need a full on shop lift, just looking for a foot lift unit which will handle the weight of the XRR, be stable enough to work on the bike, etc. Are they all about the same, or is there one which seems to stand out as a sturdy, well built unit?

Any feedback would be great! :lol:

Rhino stand is the best.

Our race BMW HP2 bikes have no side stand and the bikes weigh 415 lbs and the Rhino is the only stand we've found that will handle 'em.

The stand lifts the BMW easily without much force (it's a foot pedal lift) and it also lowers the bike easily by foot (unlike some that you have to use your hand and are dangerous).

And of course we use the Rinos for our 650Rs/450Xs too.

RhinoStand.com

I made one from scrap plywood some years ago, it holds up my son's BRP quite well.

Yes, but to have to lift the pig up and down does not seem to be much fun. I just want to lift it up, have it be sturdy, so I can work on it, then lower it back to the ground. :lol:

Yes, but to have to lift the pig up and down does not seem to be much fun. I just want to lift it up, have it be sturdy, so I can work on it, then lower it back to the ground. :lol:

Yeh, but the lifting helps keep me in shape, and it is fun when you toss the pig up on the stand in front of your buddies.

Yeh, but the lifting helps keep me in shape, and it is fun when you toss the pig up on the stand in front of your buddies.

I felt carrying my 45 was macho enough for my buddies...:lol::confused:

Hell, just RIDING the XRR is macho enuff for your buddies. Last year my boy Braden said to me, "Robert, *that's* a manly motorcycle." He'd just gone for a fast gravel road squirt on my XR4. Can't wait for him to toss a leg over my 650SM...

PS: I have the cheaper of the two sears units; beats the snot out of a 5 gallon bucket.

I have this one from Sears:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00950191000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

There is also this one:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00950190000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

The first one is more expensive, but I liked it better. I use it to hoist my street bike too (ST1300).

+1 for the cheap Sears unit

Works great on The BRP Just high enough to get the tires 4" in the air

I can also put the softail up on it and move it around easily, and that thing Weighs 700lbs