Need advice for exhaust!

Hi,

i own a 2003 YZ450F and i'm planning on buying a slip on. There are 4 that i like and are close to my budget so i need some advise to decide.?

1) Yoshimura TRC

2) Pro circuit T-4

3) FMF Titanium Powercore

4) FMF Speed

Which one do you think is going to give more power to my bike and on what range?Also do you know which one is lighter? Generally any info on these slip-ons would be appreciated!!

Here's my opinion and yes, I am a little biased. :confused:

The 03' was the red headed step child of the 450 motors. It has the biggest hit and IMHO was the hardest to ride...but it has tremendous power too.

Dubach's pipe really spread the power out and made it more manageable.

So, I vote for Dr.D Exhaust.

My 450 cents worth.

?

I agree with your assessment of the '03's character, although the '06 actually makes more power (49.7 vs. 47). Dyno charts show the greatest gains over the widest range (not the most peak) with a full FMF system with the Power bomb. The thing I like the most about mine is that it took out the blip in the power curve at 8000 that makes them even harder to ride. Dr. D systems give big low end and mid range at some expense to the top end on an '03, but it's a good choice on that bike.

But the question is about slip-ons, and frankly, I don't have an opinion on them except that one should be looking for the widest power curve and the lowest sound levels in combination.

told you to get either fmf you mentioned...id go with the ti powercore

any of them you mentioned will work great...the big companys don't become big by making crappy pipes do they?

just pick your favorite

I was thinking for the Powercore but i read that they are not very tough and dent easily!!!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just don't think it really added anything, It is virtually the exact same power as stock and in my opinion it doesn't even look good. But im about to buy the header and see if that makes a difference. I just noticed a huge difference with the white brothers on my 03 and didn't notice much difference with the pc on my 06. Just my opinion.

Here's my opinion and yes, I am a little biased. :eek:

The 03' was the red headed step child of the 450 motors. It has the biggest hit and IMHO was the hardest to ride...but it has tremendous power too.

Dubach's pipe really spread the power out and made it more manageable.

So, I vote for Dr.D Exhaust.

My 450 cents worth.

:applause:

+1 go with the dr.d

i run the ti powercore which replaced my old powercore 4,the difference was a quieter more controlled power without any power loss, maybe even a little gain on the bottom. i did run both these with the powerbomb and i highly reccomend you spend the extra for it. as far as denting i've wrecked several times since the ti can was new and its no worse for wear,the muffler is much shorter and is just about covered by the # panel.