HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yama426rider

tall seat

13 posts in this topic

I have one on my 426 but don't have a pic handy. The seat is only two inches taller, you can't even tell it's a high seat by looking at it unless you place the original side by side.

does the tall seat help bigger guys or smaller guys im 6-2 250 so that might be what ineed

I'm 6'2 and I really like mine. Next I want to lower the pegs, should be just right then.http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/trouch/PDR_0391.jpg[/img]"]PDR_0391.jpg

That is a TALL seat:eek:

If you are not looking for something quite that tall, then IMHO the SDG tall seat better complements the lines of the 400/426s. I have one on my 99 WR400 with a Clarke tank and it looks and fits good. I'm 6' 3.5".

If you are not looking for something quite that tall, then IMHO the SDG tall seat better complements the lines of the 400/426s. I have one on my 99 WR400 with a Clarke tank and it looks and fits good. I'm 6' 3.5".

Yes, that is a TALL tall seat. I have the SDG, you can barely notice. I am 6'1", 260lbs & I have finally dialed my 426 in perfectly for my size. I have CR high bends with a GYTR tripple clamp that allows me to offset the bars & push them forward. I had custom 1" riser blocks made that fit under my bar clamps & Fastway lo-boy pegs. Now the bike is perfect, I am comfortable standing or sitting.

Where did you get an SDG tall seat for a 99 WR400? I have the '98 (I believe the specs. are the same) and SDG doesn't make a seat for it. I just sent back the seat to SDG for the 1998 YZF400, it was WAY off on the size. I just need a tall gripper seat, and cannot seam to find one anywhere. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Where did you get an SDG tall seat for a 99 WR400? I have the '98 (I believe the specs. are the same) and SDG doesn't make a seat for it. I just sent back the seat to SDG for the 1998 YZF400, it was WAY off on the size. I just need a tall gripper seat, and cannot seam to find one anywhere. Thanks for your help in advance!!

PM'd you.

Trouch what kind of seat is that??

SXP do you have a pic of your bike with the seat and clarke tank?? I just supermotoed my bike and put a clarke tank on it and now i need a tall seat.. Im 6'3'', so i need a tall seat!!!

I just ordered tall seat foam and a non-skid "Competition" seat cover from these guys. I called and they can made a step seat for my 1998 WR400, so far they are the only company our there that can do this. I will give you a report of how the seat feels when I get it and install it. Cannot wait! The yamaha stock seat slaps my balls silly though the rough stuff :banghead: , I hope this helps. They also sell comfort seats, if your bike isn't listed, call them, they were able to incorporate a tall seat with the step, which is something I have wanted for years:applause: .

www.gutsracing.com

SXP do you have a pic of your bike with the seat and clarke tank??

My 99 400/444 with the SDG Tall seat/Clarke 3.2 combo.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg