ZipTy Racing Carb Modification - test

My question is....do they use a different emulsion tube? And if so can we get one without having to send in our carb? or do they use a larger size air jet? I don't mind working on my carb so I would prefer not to pay to have someone else do this for me.

Factory Pro makes their own kit but I think it's more expensive and you don't get all of the other perks like you do with Zip-Ty...Ap mod, etc.

I have aftermkt WB Alum Pro2 complete system so power is better everywhere

So I'm really trying to understand this. You have a WB exhaust, so is it the Carb mod or the exhaust that led to your newfound power? Did you have the pipe before the carb mod?

Gray - thanks for the explanation on the emulsion tube.

I'm somewhat familiar with the AP mod, as I did the oring trick on the FCR I have on my DRZ. I was just wondering what is so great or different that Zipty is doing - are they just wrapping safety wire around it?

I was just wondering what is so great or different that Zipty is doing - are they just wrapping safety wire around it?
The AP "wiring" mod is thrown in with the rest of what they do, which includes the installation of all the new jetting. I'm not absolutely certain, but I understand they do some work with a drill on one or more passages within the carb body.
So I'm really trying to understand this. You have a WB exhaust, so is it the Carb mod or the exhaust that led to your newfound power? Did you have the pipe before the carb mod?

yes first pipe

then new jetting with NFLR 48pj/q68mj

then Zipty Carb mod

carb mod led to better power after the other stuff was done

The AP "wiring" mod is thrown in with the rest of what they do, which includes the installation of all the new jetting. I'm not absolutely certain, but I understand they do some work with a drill on one or more passages within the carb body.

correct GreyRacer

for $100.00

they clean entire carb - passages, slide, jets. diaphram ac pump etc...(in my case supplied a new diaphram as mine was dissolved due to VPU4 contamination)

they set the float

they add their suggested jetting based on your altitude and their racing experience at these altitudes

they wire up the AC pump - uniquely unlike any other pic I have seen = sorry - this I did not take - maybe someone else can

they set the AP squirt duration per their spec

they drill out a little hole on the intake side of the carb and add the emulsion tube jet

they then seal the carb in a airtight bag and ship to you

funny after all the exercise of removing it(IT IS TIGHT IN THERE)..and the damn TPS sensor (DO NOT DO THIS)

and resetting the TPS with a voltometer - (A MAJOR PAIN IN THE @$$)

then completely installing it....(A LESSON IN PATIENCE)

while wondering/ being paranoid the entire time if my bike would ever idle / run correctly again from start to finish.............it started on the very first kick.........amazing. If a idiot like me can do this.....anyone can

and the results are amazing.....to me at least. :ride:

GA426,

Thank you for following this post and remaining active. Too many people and I am guilty of it too, post and abandon. I called ZipTy racing the day after you posted this and the Tech I spoke to made a comment like "Wow, this must be carb day because I have had a ton of calls about the carb mods." I told him your screen name on TT and what you had said in regards to positive feedback. He sounded pretty stoked about that, you should definitely give them a call and if you race ask about maybe rider support ($ Discounts) or even some free goodies. :ride:

Thats what is great about the MX community, it is very family and friend orientated.

:censored:

MW

How about any long term effects with this mod? Can anybody think of a reason this would be an issue?

nothing jumps out and screams at me that these mods would fatigue or cause carb failure down the road... i say do it! :censored:

How about any long term effects with this mod? Can anybody think of a reason this would be an issue?
Yeah, the effect of having the fuel curve closer to perfectly accurate under all conditions of speed and load could be devastating.

GA426,

Thank you for following this post and remaining active. Too many people and I am guilty of it too, post and abandon. I called ZipTy racing the day after you posted this and the Tech I spoke to made a comment like "Wow, this must be carb day because I have had a ton of calls about the carb mods." I told him your screen name on TT and what you had said in regards to positive feedback. He sounded pretty stoked about that, you should definitely give them a call and if you race ask about maybe rider support ($ Discounts) or even some free goodies. :lol:

Thats what is great about the MX community, it is very family and friend orientated.

MW

Agreed and thanks - MW

and that is why my 03 470 carb is there now....:ride:

Yeah, the effect of having the fuel curve closer to perfectly accurate under all conditions of speed and load could be devastating.

:ride:

my thoughts exactly.....and I thought all this fine tuning was in vain....:censored:

this may be a dumb question but zip ty does honda/suzuki/kawi carbs too correct?? :censored:

In addition, it mixes fuel from the main jet with air from the main air jet, and is partly responsible for the spray pattern and droplet size of the fuel entering the intake air stream.

one small problem. the pic you posted does NOT have a MAJ!!! :censored:

this may be a dumb question but zip ty does honda/suzuki/kawi carbs too correct?? :censored:

yes....do it do it:p

yes....do it do it:p

i intend to.. haha i figured they did but i might as well save myself the trouble askin on here :ride: im gonna pull my carb tonight when i get off work :censored:

one small problem. the pic you posted does NOT have a MAJ!!! :censored:
'Does too!

Item #22 5TA-14943-27-00 JET, MAIN (#100)

damn TPS sensor (DO NOT DO THIS)

So can someone provide more insight on this? What is the TPS sensor and what should I avoid doing when removing the carb?:censored: