HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheeks

My first yzf 426

33 posts in this topic

Hi there im new to TT and new to yzf's.,I bought this bike last weekend and i must say i love it,it was reading through this forum that made me get one of these bikes since all of u talk about how much fun they are.

What do u think about my new bike,its an 03 yzf 426:ride: MaYZF426cc.jpg

YZF426cc.jpg

Welcome to Thumper Talk.

I'll have to say, that's the first set of purple rims I can remember having seen.

Nice bike...Im a bike guy...I like all bikes. Purple on the rims is also a first for me as well.

Im not a show guy, Im all about the mechanics of things so graphics, seats, rims etc dont matter to me either way so my opinion doesnt count,,,but those rims with that red sprocket on a blue bike...to be nice Ill just assume the guy who you bought it from is color blind. I wouldnt change them if mechanically they work fine, but if your looking for a thumbs up cosmetically.....Im just not gonna comment. More importantly does it start easily, what does the compression read on a guage, how did the oil and filter look when you changed it?... hope iot all was flawless!

Congrads on the bike..hope you have a blast and it runs greats for you!

Cheers for the reply's mates.

The bike starts first kick hot or cold, im not to mechanical aboot bikes this is why i joined this forum to learn about how to do my own services.Yes i have to say when i seen the purple rims i liked them it also has an doma exaust i will post more picturs from other angles l8r.

I think that is a sweet lookin' bike! :lol: Welcome to TT.

Never seen rims that color before...very different and it is definitely not like many of the cookie-cutter modded bikes out there. Better tighten that chain up a bit!

By the way, the last year of the 426 was '02...at least in the US market.

Congradulations on the new bike. You may want to check the VIN number. 2002 was the last year Yamaha made the YA426f. If yours is a 03 then it would be a yz450f, I believe. Have fun. This are great bikes.

Welcome aboard! Riding my friend's 426 is what got me into thumpers in the first place.

Congradulations on the new bike. You may want to check the VIN number. 2002 was the last year Yamaha made the YA426f. If yours is a 03 then it would be a yz450f, I believe. Have fun. This are great bikes.

hi mate yeh i thought the chain looked a bit slack will look into it,

another thing how do i check the vin mumber is there a search on the net to check the year.

thx for the reply's anyhow.:lol:

Congrats on your 426, very nice bike. they are a blast to ride, I just bought a 2000 426 about a month ago.:lol:

yeh those are 02 plastics as well. deffinately an not an 03

And it has a manual decompression lever.

ok will check the vin number today,u guys will know much better than me but if its an 02 then fair enough.

Thx for the replys

Dude your bike looks pretty badass, minus the purple rims. Don't worry about anybody dissin your skill becuz of them though, cuz if they do, then chunk some roost into their helmet mask. I gotta say man, the bike is sweet...

And it has a manual decompression lever.

And the most obvious... the oil fill is up by the gas tank.

The ignition cover and the hot start knob on the carb make it rather obvious, too.

As does the front brake hose routing I suppose. By the way, you may want to move that brake hose back in front of the number plate, I have no idea why someone would have it tucked behind like that.

As does the front brake hose routing I suppose.
No, the '03 and '04 were like that. It's missing the lower hose cover, though.