HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terrain Rider 4z

What is wrong??? Brake issue

5 posts in this topic

I am currently trying to finish up my wife's TTR-YZ85 conversion and have stumbled upon a problem. I have mounted a YZ85 master and line to the TTR caliper and cannot get pressure to build. I have tried bleeding the brakes 20+ times, but am by no means a master. Does anyone have an idea as to why pressure would not be building up?

I would have posted this in the TTR forum, but need good advice and figure this is a pretty general problem/solution. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Is my routing OK?

Ultrasound001.jpg

Ultrasound004.jpg

Ultrasound003.jpg

Ultrasound008.jpg

Not that it should make a difference with building pressure in the line but...can you find a shorter brake line? That one looks like a branch target.

Bikes look great though. :lol:

I finally figured it out and was able to get pressure.

Yeah, I was surprised by its length, it was a little ridiculous. I zip tied it to the clutch cable and repositioned the guide to help, but it is still long. Now I know why they make a "short" line.

I finally figured it out and was able to get pressure.

Yeah, I was surprised by its length, it was a little ridiculous. I zip tied it to the clutch cable and repositioned the guide to help, but it is still long. Now I know why they make a "short" line.

Well, I noticed you have the forks slid up pretty high in the clamps. If they were down more, that would use up some of that brake line slack. Then I guess you would need the longer swing arm to raise the back end and balance it all out. Would that make it too tall for your wife?

Did the TTR brake line not work?