HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL426

anybody ride on ice?

8 posts in this topic

i got my fourwheeler out earlier on about 2 inches of solid ice, but it broke through and i flipped the damn thing over. got a good sized gash on my side and bent handlebars now. anyone ever ride their 426's on solid ice? im wondering how stupid i am for thinking about it.

Your not stupid, just inexperienced, and maybe a little wacky. I would look for at least 4 inches of ice, and thats because it is not neccessarily uniform. We ride up here all winter (Manitoba) and as long as your safe, it's a blast. You should try some 1/2 inch Kold Kutters in your tires, you won't believe the traction...

Your not stupid, just inexperienced, and maybe a little wacky. I would look for at least 4 inches of ice, and thats because it is not neccessarily uniform. We ride up here all winter (Manitoba) and as long as your safe, it's a blast. You should try some 1/2 inch Kold Kutters in your tires, you won't believe the traction...

inexperienced, very, wacky, definitely. well here in missouri we havent had ice like this for years and it usually only sticks around for a couple days, so i was curious how insane it would be. im definitely going to have to get out tomorrow and try it out.

so yea, not a great plan... rode around the neighborhood in 1st gear where its been cleared, not so bad. as soon as i hit my backyard the front end washed out and im down. so i pick the bike back up and im stuck there for a couple minutes. so i pushed it out to the road, drove around and put her up. ill try again when theres a little snow on top.

Try to stay a gear high without stalling. It is fun around here in the snow and ice. Just have to watch turns and for stuff to slide into. Las ttime I rode in the ice was years ago on hte trails. It was a challenge.:lol:

yea lots, try the aeira.com . 6 hr indurance and the worlds longest ice race the 24 hr numb bum. it's in Canada though. also check out a ice thickness table before you head onto the ice it might keep you dryier. have fun ice is cool.